If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’ve probably caught on that I’m a total list fanatic. I have lists for everything in my life: a 101 in 1001 list, a bucket list, daily to do lists, lists of books I want to read, gifts I want to give, restaurants I want to try… The list (ahem) goes on. And given the popularity of these features on Design Darling, I have a pretty good feeling that a lot of you operate the same way. List lovers unite!
Admit it: you’ve totally started writing a to do list with a task you’ve already accomplished, just for the satisfaction of getting to cross it off in pen. Hello, best feeling ever, amiright?! But I’ve found there are also quite a few easy tasks I can tackle in less than 5 minutes that contribute to a calmer state of mind, a happier home, a quicker digital device, and a tidier workspace. Here are 25 things you can accomplish in 5 minutes or less — each and every one of which will make you feel just a tiny bit more productive at the end of the day.
- Check your voicemail
- Clean out your wallet (business cards, loyalty cards, receipts)
- Delete duplicate photos from your iPhone
- Delete iPhone apps you never use
- Delete old bookmarks from your internet browser
- Eat a healthy snack
- Flag important emails and delete the rest
- Have a quick phone chat with a friend
- Load or unload the dishwasher
- Make a new playlist
- Make your bed
- Pay one bill
- Sort your mail
- Start a cycle of laundry
- Start writing your 101 in 1001 list!
- Take a quick shower
- Take out the trash
- Test the pens at your desk and toss any that are out of ink
- Tidy up your desktop
- Tidy up your digital desktop
- Walk around the block
- Write a thank you note
- Write down your mental to do list
- Unsubscribe from unwanted emails at Unroll.me
- Update your computer software
What’s one thing you’d add to the list? Here’s to a productive week ahead!