It rained for a couple of the days we stayed in Paris but I’ll take April showers over New York snow any day of the year. I’ll be sharing more pictures from our trip in the days to come but today I have a little something else for you! As a follow-up to my fall to do list, I wrote a list of fun little things I’d like to do to take advantage of the fact that spring has finally sprung. Spring might be my favorite season and I feel like we really earned it with all the snow this year. If you have a springy activity you’d like to add to the list, leave it in a comment below!
Spruce up your home for spring:
* Buy a house plant. Even if it’s a low maintenance cactus or succulent, a little green does a room good. You can even paint your own pot for a fun pop of color. And if you really can’t keep a plant alive, our small boxwood topiaries are preserved so you only have to spritz them once a month.
* Clean out your closet. Did someone say spring cleaning? We have our hands full moving into our new house but I did a ton of purging before packing up my apartment. Here’s a post on the easiest way to clean out your closet to help you get the job done ASAP.
Spring activities with friends:
* Make margaritas for Cinco de Mayo. This will be a must for our first spring in Dallas! I’m dying to test out this recipe.
* Plan a picnic with your girlfriends. My go-to picnic provisions are easy to remember: a baguette, Brie, berries, and a bottle of rosé. Don’t forget a cute picnic basket and Turkish towels for lounging!
* Throw a derby party. Any excuse to buy a monogrammed sun hat is fine by me!
Spring weekend excursions:
* Ride your bike. I can’t wait to pull my beach cruiser out of storage!
* See a baseball game. Let’s go Red Sox 😉
* Visit a botanical garden. Find one near you here!
* Send a handwritten thank you note. Hint: start with cute stationery.
* Send peonies to your mom. And your grandmother.
What’s on your spring to do list this year?
P.S. Doing a little shopping after your spring cleaning? Here are 25 finds for chic nautical style.