Just a few life updates and fleeting thoughts on this lovely long weekend…
1. My first week of work is behind me and I can’t tell you how much I love Bollare. I’m working with really cool people and really cool brands (here, here, and here — lend them a “like,” won’t you?) and I’m learning something new every day. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
2. My brother Grayson is getting ready to apply to college and it’s bringing back all sorts of memories. I want him to wind up at Bucknell so badly but I think it’s best not to push the issue.
3. Knowing that some of my friends are back at school and I’m out in the real world is such a strange feeling. Seeing pictures of rush festivities pop up on Facebook definitely tugged at my heartstrings. But I’m really happy with where I am right now — and there’s always Homecoming!
4. Confession: I’ve spent hours researching apartments in New York even though I know I can’t afford to move into the city right away. It’s just fun to know what’s out there!
5. On a related note, the worst part of working in New York is my commute from Connecticut. An hour train ride each way plus time on the subway. The bright side, though, is plenty of time to read books and magazines. I finished Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell this week and I highly recommend it.
6. I’m insanely and unattractively jealous of everyone who’s going to New York Fashion Week. Seeing a show is on my 101 in 1001 list and I’m determined to make it happen in time for next year.
7. I’m not sure where my new Tumblr is headed but I’m loving it so far! Won’t you follow along? Remember, you can ask me anything! I’ve already gotten a few questions ranging from advice for studying abroad to how to store makeup.
8. I have a couple really fun interviews lined up to bring Design Dialogues back with a bang this fall. It’s my way of bringing you original content without having my boyfriend follow me around with a camera documenting my outfit changes 😉
– – –
I’m kind of all over the place today, huh? What’s new with all of you?