In the spirit of Monday’s post about ten ways to decorate for Christmas, we got started this weekend placing candles in the windows and hanging garland over the front door. My mom had seen this adorable wreath and decided to recreate it with materials we had on hand. I love the way it turned out!
Materials: hand pliers, chicken wire, metal wire, and some sort of greenery (we used boxwood from our backyard but any kind of garland would do!).
1. Cut your chicken wire and lay out your shape. We did “H” for our last name but you could make any shape you like or even three letters for a monogram!
2. Twist each piece of chicken wire into a tube shape. This doesn’t need to be perfect — just three-dimensional so you can secure your greenery to the wire.
3. Wrap your greenery around each part of the letter and secure with metal twist ties as needed.
5. Go back and trim as necessary.
6. Ta da! You’re almost finished. Now wrap with Christmas lights…
7. And hang on your front door! You’ll be the envy of the neighborhood. 😉
What do you think?! Any fun holiday DIY projects you’ve tackled lately?
Keep up with Design Darling
Long Gathered Panel Dress
Eccentric Sweater Dress style
Shop GANNI Boucle Wool Coat
Shop Keds x Kate Spade Triple Kick Leopard Sn...
Herschel Supply Co. Fifteen Light Fanny Pack
Get the Look