I seriously cannot believe that Sunday marks the start of fall but I’m also really excited — this time of year always has me ready for a fresh start. In an effort to make the most of the new season, here’s a fall to do list I created combining several of my favorite fall activities with a few goals from my 101 in 1001 list. I’m optimistic about crossing off the majority of these in the next few months!
I like to think this fall to do list has a little something for everyone!
Fall activities with friends:
* Bake a pie. Who has a great apple pie recipe?
* Carve a pumpkin. Personally I think it would be a blast to do this on my fire escape…
* Dress up for Halloween. Last year I pulled together a costume for Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom. Have you picked out your costume yet?
* Mail care packages to loved ones.
Fall weekend excursions:
* Go to a flea market. A perfect excuse to rent a Zipcar and get out of the city for a day.
* Go to a football game. Bundle up!
* Hike to see fall foliage. Might be time to plan a visit to my sister in Amherst…!
* Stay at a bed and breakfast. I would love your recommendations for a favorite spot in New England!
* Stroll a farmer’s market. The Union Square Greenmarket in NYC is not to be missed!
Get your culture on:
* Read five new books. Did you get through all ten of these?
* Unplug for 24 hours. Easier said than done…
* Visit a museum. Here’s a handy list of the 10 best museums in New York.
* Vote in an election. New Yorkers, you can vote in the House of Representatives election on November 4. See you there!
What’s on your fall to do list? What would you add to the above?