I love a sharp pair of heels as much as the next girl, but sometimes my feet just need a break. When it comes to pretty, preppy shoes for women, there are so many timeless styles from which to choose and no need to sacrifice style to maintain comfort. I’m really trying to invest in wardrobe staples (and resist impulse purchases) and everyday flats feel like the perfect place to start. Cheap shoes never last and never fit as well as the real deal. So I decided to round up 10 styles that will never go out of style; in fact, you’ve probably seen at least a few of them in your mother or grandmother’s closet. From simple ballet flats to embroidered smoking slippers, here’s my list of 10 classic flats every woman should own.
Pictured above: #8, #7, and #5.
2. J.Crew ballet slippers ($150)
3. J.Crew metallic loafers ($158)
6. Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes ($88)
8. Tod’s driving mocs ($425)
9. Tory Burch Reva flats ($225)
10. Vince perforated d’Orsay flats ($350)