Please tell me I’m not the only person on spring shopping overdrive. It might be because spring has sprung much earlier in Dallas than I was used to on the east coast but I’m stocking up on springy dresses and new shoes like it’s my job. Today I thought it’d be a good idea to pump the brakes and highlight some of my all-time best purchases. These are the pieces I’ve gotten the best cost-per-wear on and the ones I turn to time and again when I feel like I have nothing to wear and want to stick to what works. I couldn’t recommend each of them more highly!
1. Ralph Lauren knit oxford shirt. This is hands down the best fitting, most comfortable oxford shirt I’ve ever owned. It combines the fabric of a polo shirt with the fit of a button-down and is less prone to wrinkling than every other oxford hanging in my closet, which makes it perfect for travel. It comes in solids and stripes (and a new shirtdress version that 100% will be coming to live with me) and there isn’t a single color I wouldn’t wear. See how I’ve styled mine here and here.
2. Rag & Bone skinny jeans. Amy suggested these to me when we first became friends and she was so spot on that I’ve trusted her style recommendations ever since. These are super flattering and always make me feel my slimmest (unlike other pairs that stretch a ton after one wear). See how I’ve styled mine here, here, and here.
3. BCBG white skirt. There are few things more flattering than an A-line skirt and this is one of the best. The stretchy knit fabric makes it equal parts swingy and slimming and it’s so versatile you could easily wear it with a blazer to work, with a silk tank for a date, and with a striped shirt on the weekend. See how I styled mine here.
4. Alice + Olivia nude heels. I first purchased these heels in navy suede and the nude pair followed soon thereafter. There’s something about the cut of the top of the shoe that makes them the most leg-lenghtening heels I own… kind of a necessity when you’re 5’1″! See how I’ve styled mine here and here.
5. J.Crew Carrie cami. The most simple silk tank, perfect on its own or layered underneath a blazer. I’ve worn this tank so many times that I finally broke down and ordered a second one in navy so I could still have one in my closet when the other is at the dry cleaner’s… That’s when you know you can’t live without it. J.Crew is always running sales for at least 25% off, making this a totally affordable addition to your wardrobe. They also just introduced a scalloped version that I can’t wait to get my hands on!
6. J.Crew navy blazer. J.Crew makes slight tweaks to this design every season but mine has been a staple in my closet for at least the last five years. I just picked up this linen version in white (which I’ll undoubtedly be layering over the cami mentioned above!). See how I’ve styled mine here and here.
7. Clare Vivier Sandrine satchel. I picked this up during a Shopbop sale about this time last year and it’s been an invaluable addition to my everyday wardrobe. I thought about getting the leather treated to prevent scratches but I actually feel like it gets better with age (and how many things in your closet can you really say that about?). It can also be worn two ways, with the sides of the bag jutting out or tucked in. They just came out with a navy version that will be pretty hard for me to resist. See how I’ve styled mine here and here.
8. Stuart Weitzman suede 5050 boots. These might be one of my priciest purchases but I pretty much don’t take them off from September through March, aka awesome cost-per-wear. I’ve had them for two years now and (with the help of this) they still look as good as new. They come in a bunch of colors (and in leather as well as the suede) but I’ve gotten so much use out of my navy suede pair that I’d consider investing in another pair (maybe these to mix it up just a little?). See how I’ve styled mine here, here, and here.
What are some of your all-time best purchases? I’d love to hear!
Shop the post: