Remember my post about silk scarves I’m coveting for spring? I wound up ordering two of them, including this small striped silk scarf from Kate Spade. It measures 21″ square (the other one I ordered is twice as large) so it’s an easy accessory to add to your look without overpowering the rest of your outfit. I had fun playing around with it and finding ways to tie a small silk scarf since it’s not big enough to wear as a shawl or a top. I styled this small scarf with a super simple go-to outfit and wanted to show you five of my favorite ways to wear it!
Isn’t it cute? I love that it looks like a simple stripe when it’s knotted but reveals a bow in the pattern when laid flat. And it’s available in three colors!
Ways To Tie A Small Silk Scarf
1. Tie your silk scarf into a hair bow. A super girly look that’s just as cute with a ponytail as it is with a long braid. I laid mine flat, started folding from one corner until it was one long strip, and then tied it in a bow around my hair tie. Next time I’ll remember not to use one that’s bright red. 😉
2. Knot your scarf around the handle of your handbag. Tie a knot around the handle for an instant update to a straw basket, your Longchamp tote, a leather clutch… The possibilities are endless.
3. Wear it around your neck. Wearing a scarf around your neck is probably the most outside my comfort zone but I love how it looks here! Lay the scarf out flat and start rolling from one corner until it’s one long line. Tuck in the triangle and the end, loosely tie around your neck, et voilà!
4. Wrap it around your wrist. I first saw this styling idea on MDS Stripes and instantly loved it! I rarely wear bracelets because I find them so clunky and noisy to work in so this is a wrist accessory I can totally sign off on.
5. Wear your silk scarf bandana style. Lay it flat, fold it into a triangle, and tie two of the corners behind your neck. This is one of my favorite ways to wear a larger silk scarf but I think it’s just as cute with a smaller style!
Shop the post: