Blame it on the fact that we’re already making travel plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but this week has me feeling the shift in seasons in a big way. My aesthetic tends to align with a “why can’t it be summer year round” mentality and I definitely prefer nautical blues and whites over autumnal browns and oranges… but there’s something about the mild winters in Texas that has me thinking this time of year might not be so bad after all.
Don’t get me wrong, you won’t see any fake leaves or plastic skeletons in our home this time of year, but I am thinking of adding a little warmth with a few cozy throws, fall scents, and new pieces for holiday entertaining, all conveniently available at my beloved Nordstrom. While I think it’s important to try out large purchases like a dresser or sofa in store, I love that you could order any of these online and play around to see how they fit in with the rest of your home (plus free shipping + free returns = no-brainer). Below, twelve ways to bring fall into your home… without sacrificing style.
- These gold rimmed wine glasses feel festive in an understated way. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your assortment or stock up on hostess gifts, these totally have my vote.
- Will and I love to burn candles around the house no matter the season. It’s amazing how a great scent can transform your home! I’ll forever adore this Diptyque scent, but this season I’ll be branching out with a new scent by the same brand — if only for the chic marbleized container.
- Nothing says fall like a cozy throw blanket draped over the side of the sofa or stacked in a basket in front of the fireplace. How cute is this one with its pom pom trim?
- Welcome the new season with a bedding refresh in perennially crisp navy and white. A faux fur pillow would be the perfect finishing touch this time of year!
- ‘Tis the season for entertaining, and this monogrammed cutting board is a kitchen must-have.
- Growing up, we loved eating everything from cereal to ice cream out of mugs instead of bowls. (Anyone else?) Nowadays this set would be perfect for Sunday morning lattes.
- A little goes a long way, but one or two pieces in faux fur or shearling feel just right heading into the holiday season. This faux fur throw looks too cozy to resist.
- My mom is a big believer in candlelit dinners and these wood candleholders would be gorgeous on a dining table all year long.
- There’s always so much to celebrate this time of year, and this set of gold rimmed champagne flutes is a want bordering on a need. 😉
- My key to anything sparkly is to make it subtle: think a pair of twinkling diamond studs vs. a full-on sequined dress and then apply that thinking to your home. If a centerpiece of glittering pumpkins feels like overload to you (as it does for me), these embellished placemats on your dining table will be equally festive and infinitely more chic.
- I may or may not have forgone spring cleaning this year and my closet is bursting at the seams as a result. It’s high time to get things in order around here, and what could be more motivating than a monogrammed hamper to help me keep things ship shape?
- People always say the easiest way to decorate for a new season is to swap out accessories — but I shudder at the thought of adding oranges and reds to our decidedly nautical abode. But introducing one or two fluffy white pillows to the blue and white ones I already have out? That’s advice I’m willing to follow.
Shop the post:
*This post is sponsored by Nordstrom. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Design Darling!