‘Tis the season for spring cleaning and I’m feeling a little extra pressure to get organized after moving into our new place! Since you guys seemed to enjoy the post about recent purchases for our house, I thought I’d share some of the things on our to do list for getting this place decorated and organized.
- First things first, we need to unpack and hang our artwork! Everything we own is hidden under layers of bubble wrap and sitting in the basement, which I’m embarrassed to admit after two months of living here. The bare walls are becoming pretty depressing and I can’t wait to find a new home for all our favorite pieces!
- Replace or repair our Ikea media console. Somehow this is the only item that was damaged during our move and I need to figure out whether I can fix the broken piece or need to replace it entirely. Fingers crossed on this one as I was planning on using it as a sideboard in our dining room and we could really use the additional storage.
- Decorate my office. Now that I’ve officially closed my online boutique, I want to create a beautiful space where I can work on my blog from home. Given our limited closet space in this house, it’s likely to be more of a closet-meets-office (I’ve heard the term cloffice, which I love!) where I can store the clothes and accessories I want to shoot for the blog. I’ve never really had a dedicated space like this (even if it is teeny tiny) so I’m excited to outfit a true home office for the first time!
- Find a rug for our sunroom. I shared one half of this space in this post and I think it’d be nice to warm up the painted gray floors with a small rug underneath the table.
- Pick up our chaise lounge from the upholsterer — I’ve been putting off the heavy lifting since before I left for Finland but I know I’ll be psyched when I see the finished product! This will also determine how far we have to go in “finishing” our living room depending on how much of a tight squeeze it is in the room… We may need a floor lamp to replace the current end table/table lamp combo if things look too cramped.
I think those are the biggest things on our list right now… I really want to have a housewarming party once the weather warms up so it’s time to kick things into high gear so we’re ready when spring decides to show up in New England. 🙂 What’s on your house to do list at the moment?