I pulled out a bunch of my summer clothing and accessories over the weekend and it made me so happy that my favorite season is finally here! As I shared yesterday, we’re headed to Nantucket for the long weekend and I plan on moving a few of my summer staples into the house to make for less schlepping back and forth. Here are a few of the classic, preppy accessories that I turn to summer after summer and a few options for each item to help you get the look!
- The straw hat. This is a must both for summer style and sun protection, whether you’re on the beach or just running around town. I now own this Brixton straw hat in both the natural and navy — I love that they’re sized and you can’t beat the price. Check out a few more straw hats I love here, here, and here.
- The pearl earrings. Of course these are more of a year-round staple, but any list of preppy wardrobe essentials would be incomplete without them. I’m in love with these oversized Tory Burch pearl studs (and the matching necklace, OMG!) but I’ve also owned about five of these pairs over the years (they’re $14 so I’m never too upset when I lose one!).
- Tortoiseshell sunglasses. This Tory Burch pair screams Jackie O. to me and you know I’m never caught without a pair of Ray-Ban clubmasters or wayfarers. I also love my Kate Spade cat eye sunnies!
- The boat tote. A practical addition for beach days, boat days, and weekend trips all summer long. You can never have too many!
- The espadrilles. These Soludos wedge espadrilles are my favorite way to add a little height without looking like I’m trying too hard (heels + Nantucket cobblestones = big no-no!). They’re also so comfortable I can wear them all day and totally forget I’m not wearing flats.
- Jack Rogers. You can’t go wrong with this classic style, but I also love the new bow version as well.
- The straw tote. You know I love a basket bag for summer and a straw tote is as chic as it is useful. This round handle tote is a no-brainer but I also love this and this.
Shop the post: