I can’t believe Will and I are one year into married life! To be honest it’s not all that different from the two years we lived together before we were married, but I really do love him more with each passing month and get so excited thinking about what our lives will look like together five, ten, and fifty years from now. I thought in celebration of our one-year anniversary I’d list just a few of my favorite things about him since he’s not on the blog very often. I hope you enjoy getting to know him a little better! 🙂
1) He is hands down the smartest person I’ve ever met. This was my first impression of him on our first date and I’m even more convinced of it now than I was then. He knows something about everything and is forever keeping me on my toes!
2) He has the best laugh. When Grandy met him for the first time (at a French restaurant in the city where she accused Eliot Spitzer of sitting on her hat, but that’s a story for another day) she described him as having a ready laugh and it’s just the perfect description of his personality.
3) He’s always looking on the bright side. You know how some self-help books encourage you to repeat affirmations? This is something my husband does all day every day without thinking about it. He will wake me up with an iced coffee and say, “It’s going to be a great day” and I’m like, seriously, who is that happy before caffeine? It’s raining sideways and our house is a mess and the dog won’t stop barking and he’s still excited to see what the day has in store.
4) He loves to learn. This goes hand in hand with the first bullet point, but he’s constantly reading and listening to podcasts and asking my thoughts on one thing or another. He’s intellectual not in a way that makes other people feel less than, but in a way that’s made me more curious and thoughtful too.
5) He’s super supportive of my career. Explaining that I’m a full-time blogger is often met with an onslaught of questions, some of them more judgmental than others (if I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard “How much money do you make? What do you do all day?”). But Will totally “got it” from the get-go and is my biggest cheerleader and sounding board.
6) And he’s equally passionate about his own career. He works long hours and never complains because he’s found a job he loves as much as I love mine. I’m definitely inspired by (and sometimes in awe of) his work ethic!
7) He is as obsessed with our cockapoo as I am. Will and I met when Rory was a very poorly behaved one-year-old puppy and Will just adores him, mischief and all. Rory is Will’s little shadow at home (when Will’s home I’m pretty much chopped liver) so the feeling is mutual. (Ditto my parents’ dog Coach who took these pictures with us!)
8) My family and friends love him, which is basically the ultimate proof that he’s a keeper!
Oh and one bonus item! Will (mostly) lets me call the shots when it comes to decorating and getting dressed. Less serious than the others but it’s true! 🙂 My brothers have tragically outgrown my preferred childhood activity of dressing them up so thankfully Will is usually happy to wear what I pick up for him. Thankfully we both gravitate toward classic styles from brands like 1901, Bonobos, Polo Ralph Lauren, and Vineyard Vines (all available at Nordstrom!) so we rarely disagree when it comes to his wardrobe.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know my favorite person today! I’d love to hear what you love about your favorite person in the comments!
Shop the post:
*This post is sponsored by Nordstrom. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Design Darling!