Will and I started watching Marie Kondo’s Netflix show over the weekend and like the rest of America, I felt an immediate urge to tidy our entire house. (You can read my takeaways from her book in this post from 2016!) We’re out of town the next couple weekends so the organizational overhaul is going to have to wait a little bit, but it got me thinking about the pieces I consider absolute essentials in my wardrobe and other pieces I could give to someone who will wear them more than I do. Whether you’re on the east coast and bracing for three more months of winter or planning a trip to a snowy destination, I hope my list of winter essentials helps you pare down and warm up!
- Moncler puffer coat. I bought this before my trip to Finland two years ago and it’s easily the warmest and most worn coat in my closet. My exact coat is no longer available but I love the similar design of this and this. If an outerwear splurge isn’t in the cards right now, I also like the look of this, this, or this! And if you’re willing to compromise on length for a similar peplum style, this is just the cutest.
- J.Crew pom pom beanie. Mine is old from Club Monaco but this one is nearly identical!
- J.Crew cocoon coat. I love this for its heavy weight and tailored fit — it’s a go-to for nights out when I want to feel a little more polished than a puffer coat will allow. You can see mine on in this post and this coat is a great way to get the look for less!
- White + Warren cashmere travel wrap. I have one in camel and one in gray and they are the ultimate winter accessory in my book. This will give you the same look and feel for less.
- LL Bean boots. I have the 8″ style in navy and wear them with heavy socks as they run a little large.
- Ralph Lauren cable-knit cashmere sweater. A year-round must and particularly versatile for winter layering.
- Sorel wedge boots. A step up (literally) from the more casual Bean boots.
- Halogen cashmere sweaters. The most affordable cashmere sweaters I’ve come across — I have a couple of both the crewneck and the tunic.
- J.Crew texting gloves. The newest addition to my cold weather wardrobe and a total game-changer. What took me so long?!
- Dudley Stephens fleece pullover. The only thing better than a cozy turtleneck is a cozy turtleneck that’s actually surprisingly flattering. You can see mine in action here!
Shop the post: