It’s hard to believe we’re a little over a month out from meeting our baby boy! I’ve been in full on house mode over the past three weeks and I know at some point I’m going to have to switch gears and get into full on baby mode. (My mom pointed out yesterday that most moms-to-be have a different idea of nesting than painting half the rooms in their house…) My friend Ali and cousin Emily are generously throwing us a Connecticut baby shower this weekend and I’m hoping that will give me a better idea of everything we need to purchase and prep in these remaining ~6 weeks!
Here are a few of the things that are top of mind but I’d love to hear from any other moms-to-be about tasks I might be forgetting (it’s safe to say my brain is a little all over the place these days).
1. Install and paint beadboard and chair rail and hang wallpaper in nursery — my dad is working on the first two this week but we’re still waiting for the wallpaper to arrive. Nothing like a photo finish! 😬
2. Assemble the crib — we’ve decided it will be easier to do the beadboard and wallpaper without a ton of furniture to maneuver around, so this is still in boxes for the time being.
4. Order additional clothing to fill in gaps of what we’ve received from family and friends — any favorite brands that should be on my radar?
5. Order essentials like diapers first aid items and organize around the house —I think this is a more normal form of nesting?!
6. Order nursing-friendly bras and tops — any recommendations?
7. Wash and put away clothes and blankets.
8. Research breast pumps — I believe we can get one that’s covered by insurance and I always procrastinate tasks that involve calling them. 🙈
9. Take breastfeeding class and infant CPR class — so far we’ve taken classes on infant care and childbirth preparation and have both of these scheduled for early September.
10. Assemble the stroller.
11. Install the car seat.
12. Pack my hospital bag.
13. Clean this entire house top to bottom — I have a feeling there will be some midnight Swiffering sessions going down in my 39th week!
I can’t wait for the nursery to come together so I can start getting organized in there and photograph it to share with all of you! I know we’ll get as much done as we possibly can (some days it really feels like we’re making superhuman progress at the house!) but it is a little scary to think how fast these final weeks will fly by. Fingers crossed he stays put right up until 40 weeks! 🙂
Shop the post: