Can you believe it’s almost May? I feel like surviving March and April is a real accomplishment this year and we should all give ourselves a quick round of applause for making it through. Mother’s Day is coming up (May 10!) and I know all the moms in my life deserve a little extra something this year. Here are a few things I’d love to give my mom and mother-in-law (and wouldn’t mind receiving myself if we’re being honest). Whether you’re able to celebrate in person or plan to pop something in the mail, I hope you find something you or your mom would love.
1. A framed photo. You can’t go wrong with a framed family photo and I’ve had these scalloped wicker frames on my wishlist forever. My mom would love one of these on her desk!
2. Fresh flowers. We just sent my mother-in-law flowers for her birthday and it’s a nice way to support a small business (we used Park Cities Petals in Dallas) during these uncertain times. If you can’t find a florist that’s open near you, these fresh ranunculus would make a gorgeous gift!
3. Her favorite hand soap. My mom and I fell in love with this hand soap when we bought it for my online store back in the day and I don’t think there’s ever been a better time to give hand soap as a gift. This one scores points for both packaging and scent.
4. A personalized notepad. I inherited my love of list-making from my mom and this personalized notepad would be a lovely upgrade for her daily to do lists.
5. Monogrammed dinner napkins. Something to use at your next get-together and a little reminder that this too shall pass.
9. An art print of her favorite place. A shameless plug for our own Nantucket Print Shop, but there are so many artists and small businesses you can support on Etsy! I rounded up a bunch in this post.
10. This magic hair dryer brush. The best $49 I’ve spent all year. It took me a couple tries to get the hang of it but now I’m dying for my mom to try it because it’s simplified my hair routine so considerably.
11. A boxwood topiary. So pretty with a big bow tied around the base and a nice little pop of green year-round!
12. A Yeti mug. My mom is the queen of forgetting about her coffee until it’s lukewarm so I’ve been meaning to order her one of these to keep it warm all morning.
Shop the post: