Last year was a difficult one for goal-setting and I tried to account for that uncertainty in writing my current 101 in 1001 list. More making memories with immediate family, more projects around the house, and a heck of a lot less travel… My current list doesn’t expire until 2023 but I thought I’d share the goals I’m hoping to cross off in the next 12 months!
10. Finish at least five needlepoint projects. I’ve actually already stitched five or six (a major perk of quarantine!) but it will be at least a couple months before I pick up the finished projects from my local needlepoint store.
12. Leave a 100% tip for great service. Will and I haven’t eaten at a restaurant since last March (lots of takeout though…) and once it’s safe to do so again, I’d love to make a well-deserving server’s night with a generous tip.
13. Buy dinner for a table of strangers anonymously. Ditto the above! This is something I did as part of my third 101 in 1001 list (on my fourth now) and it probably made me even happier than it did the couple whose check we covered.
17. Design a product for a brand I love. This has been in the works for the past 6+ months but it’s the first time I’m mentioning it here! This is an absolute dream-come-true collaboration that I am so, so, so excited to bring to life and I think you guys will love it too!
24. Publish a Fairfield County guide on my blog. My Nantucket guide has become one of the most popular sections on my site and I’d love to build out something similar with all my favorite places in Fairfield County! So many couples and families have moved to our area during the pandemic and I’m eager to get all my recommendations in one convenient place. That said, despite living here for the first 18 years of my life and again for the past four, there are still lots of new-to-me places I want to try once we feel safe dining out again. Fingers crossed that will be sometime this year!
27. Read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families with Will. This is a book my parents reference all the time and I’m excited to develop a similar framework for our family.
34 & 35. Do swim lessons and Tumblebees with Teddy. Also dependent on what happens with COVID but I am praying this is something we get to do together in 2021!
36. Have a second baby. Late April will be here before we know it!
37. Write updates on my first, second, and third trimesters. You can read my first trimester recap here!
39. Send out birth announcements for second baby. You can see Teddy’s birth announcements here!
40. Get into a post-baby workout routine.
41. Decorate and photograph Teddy’s new bedroom. (Baby #2 will move into the nursery!)
44. Host a backyard movie night at our house.
52. Organize our pantry and photograph for the blog. This is an ever-evolving work in progress but we’re finally getting somewhere!
53. Photograph office for the blog. Also close to the finish line but not 100% there!
59. Figure out a storage solution for our playroom. This is also 95% of the way there (you can see some recent attempts at organization in this post) but I’m thinking we could use some tall baskets in one corner in addition to adding a play table and chairs for Teddy so TBD.
61. Reupholster the chair in our family room.
65. Paint front bedroom upstairs. This is the room Teddy’s moving into so this one has to happen in the next few months!
66. Install recessed lighting in guest bedrooms. Our house had close to zero recessed lighting when we moved in and it’s been an expensive but necessary project as we go room by room. Now that we’ve tackled our bedroom, the nursery, and the first floor, it’s time to tackle the last two bedrooms!
68. Renovate our upstairs hall bathroom. I am hoping we can tackle this before baby #2’s arrival but we shall see! Wait until you guys see the before photos — it desperately needs some love in there!
72. Consult a landscape designer to come up with a plan for our backyard. This is already in the works because of the next goal…
73. Decide whether to renovate or fill in our pool. We decided to renovate it! This will be our biggest house project for 2021. I’ll write a lot more about it, but our existing pool takes up the entire backyard and while we’ve loved having a pool, we’re also eager to have a little bit of yard for our two (!) sons to play in. Renovating the pool is a huge undertaking but I know it have a massive impact on the way we live in this home especially as our children get older.
74, 75, & 76. Remove damaged trees, move the stone wall, and replace the fence in our yard. These will happen as part of the aforementioned backyard project.
85. Get a Darien beach pass. We have loved taking Teddy to the playground at the beach in the off-season so we’re excited to get a pass for the spring and summer months!
86. Take Teddy to ten new parks/playgrounds. A good goal for the spring and summer!
90, 91, 93, & 94. Pick strawberries with Teddy, bike to the beach with Teddy, do stand-up paddle board yoga again, and take a surfing lesson on Nantucket. We’re not sure how long we’ll go up this summer (definitely depends on COVID and when Will can safely resume his commute to the city) but even if it’s a shorter visit than last summer, I’m excited to make lots of memories with our growing family!
– – –
Do you have a 101 in 1001 list? (If you do, send me a link and I’ll add it to mine!) How do you keep track of your goals? And any exciting ones planned for the year ahead?!