You all were so kind the last time I wrote this kind of post so I thought I’d try to make it a regular feature and just share what’s on my mind every week or two. I hope you enjoy!
We love our Weezie towels!
- Grandy in Connecticut. So many of you have been sweet to reach out and check in on Grandy who’s had a pretty tough summer and by some miracle just moved into a beautiful new space fifteen minutes from our house. While she’s more frail than we would all like her to be, her quick wit and sense of humor are totally intact and we feel incredibly thankful to have her so close so we can love on her, check in on her, and bring her a few treats every afternoon. My mom and I spent some time hanging artwork and making her new room feel a little more like home and I’m excited to bring the boys over this week for a little visit. It’s been a challenging few months for her and we’re hoping this will be the start of a more peaceful new chapter. Thank you to all of you who have checked in — your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated!
- Teddy in Tumblebees. We just started a little mommy-and-me gymnastics class once a week and the teacher is the same coach who taught me gymnastics starting around age 6 — we may have teared up seeing each other after all these years! Teddy is one of the younger and smaller kids in the class but I think it will be so good for him (and me!) to be around other little ones and their parents. Plus it will be really nice to have some one-on-one time with just him where I’m not also feeding or wearing his baby brother.
- Our backyard project is live. It was so fun to finally share all the before and after photos with you guys! Not gonna lie, it felt really good to check off a few boxes on my 101 in 1001 list after pressing “publish.” We still have some landscaping to do closer to the house that I’m in the process of gathering inspiration photos for, but we’ve been really happy with our landscaping team and would be happy to share their info over email if anyone local is looking!
- I’m now a person who gets migraines. I swear I never had anything more than a mild headache before having Teddy and now I get one or two debilitating migraines a month. Ugh! Caffeine and Tylenol help a little bit, but it seems like all the recommended remedies I’ve read about online aren’t considered safe while breastfeeding. If anyone is in the same (admittedly niche) boat and has any tips or tricks, I will try just about anything!
- I booked a trip! Thanks to all your encouragement on this post, I booked a little weekend getaway for Will and I to look forward to in January. It felt like everywhere I wanted to stay was either already booked or outrageously expensive over the next few months and I was about to table the idea until I read all your comments and decided to just book something for early next year. We’re literally going an hour from our house but just having something on the calendar to look forward to feels like a second honeymoon.
- I need to order new clothes for the boys. Shopping for myself is admittedly usually more of a “want” than a “need,” but shopping for kids is sometimes like a part-time job? Peter has a ton of hand-me-downs from Teddy but they were born at opposite times of year and I feel like I’m starting from scratch on winter clothes for both of them. I feel like Teddy is on the cusp of being able to wear J.Crew’s kids’ line Crewcuts — like can your heart even handle this little quarter-zip?! — but I’d love to know where else you shop for your little ones!
- It’s September which means Teddy is almost two. 1) Rabbit rabbit (does anyone else say this on the first day of a new month?) and 2) any cute two-year-old birthday party ideas? We went apple picking with family for his first birthday but I truly haven’t thought about this year yet!
- Bathtime has become one of my favorite parts of the day. Maybe it’s because of the new bathroom, or because both kids are contained in one small space, or because I’m obsessed with the smell of our baby shampoo, or because I really think it does wonders to relax both our boys before bed? Glennon Doyle (are you sick of me talking about her yet?) has a podcast episode where she talks about chronos vs. kairos time with kids (did anyone else love this episode?) and bathtime is solid kairos time for me lately.