If you’re new to my blog (welcome!), you may not know that I keep a running list of 101 goals I’m hoping to accomplish in the next 1,001 days. I’m currently working through my fourth list (my first one dates all the way back to my senior year of college in 2011!) and it’s a framework that works really well for me. 1001 days comes out to 2.75 years and I find that’s a practical timeline that satisfies a gap for me between writing a daily to do list and a lifetime bucket list. You can check out all the goals on my current list here and below I’m sharing the goals I was able to cross off in 2021!
EVERYTHING I CROSSED OFF MY 101 IN 1001 LIST LAST YEAR
10. Finish at least five needlepoint projects (May 2021; first post here and second post here).
12. Leave a 100% tip for great service (Black Eyed Susan’s in July 2021).
17. Design a product for a brand I love (Stubbs & Wootton in June 2021; post here).
21. Post an IGTV or Reel (December 2021; video here).
28. Decide on a family-friendly second car (February 2021; post here).
34. Do swim lessons with Teddy (started August 2021).
35. Do Tumblebees with Teddy (started August 2021).
36. Have a second baby (April 2021; Peter’s birth story here).
37. Write updates on my first, second, and third trimesters (April 2021; first trimester recap, second trimester recap, third trimester recap).
38. Needlepoint a Christmas ornament for second baby (May 2021; post here).
39. Send out birth announcements for second baby (June 2021; post here).
41. Decorate and photograph Teddy’s new bedroom (June 2021; post here).
42. Find a preschool we love (September 2021).
53. Photograph office for the blog (October 2021; post here).
65. Paint front bedroom upstairs (March 2021).
66. Install recessed lighting in guest bedrooms (April 2021).
68. Renovate our upstairs hall bathroom (May 2021; post here).
72. Consult a landscape designer to come up with a plan for our backyard (project completed August 2021; post here).
73. Decide whether to renovate or fill in our pool (renovation completed August 2021; post here).
74. Remove damaged trees in our yard (February 2021).
75. Move the stone wall in our yard (March 2021).
76. Replace our fence (completed August 2021; post here).
77. Successfully grow new grass (completed August 2021; post here).
85. Get a Darien beach pass (May 2021).
90. Pick berries with Teddy (June 2021; post here).
91. Bike to the beach with Teddy (July 2021).
96. Visit Nantucket for Christmas Stroll (December 2021; post here).
98. Take a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard (July 2021; post here).
Do any of you keep a 101 in 1001 list? Or have any questions about writing one? Happy to chat more about my process!