Hello and apologies for the late post today! This afternoon we’re making our way to Austin for our friends’ wedding and flying back on Sunday to enjoy the rest of the long weekend in Connecticut since it’s going to be hot, hot, hot in Texas. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous in New England and I have more than a little FOMO about my parents and brother heading to Nantucket for the weekend… soon enough! I hope you all have a great one!
1. Was it hard to come up with a baby name?
So hard! I think we’re finally closing in on our top choice — we’ve narrowed it down a ton since we found out we’re having a boy! Naturally I know exactly what I’d pick for a girl (and a second girl…) but we had a much harder time finding a boy name we both love!
2. Which CT town do you think is best for young couples moving from NYC?
This is super subjective but I’m happy to share my experience! We moved Greenwich two and a half years ago because it’s closest to the city (Will commutes in every weekday) and close to my family (my parents are 10-15 minutes north in Darien). We’ve met lots of people around our age (late 20s and early 30s, with and without kids) and have made some great friends here. We’re hoping to move to Darien sometime this year (either before our baby arrives in the fall or when our lease ends in the winter) so I’ll be able to offer a better comparison then, but Greenwich has definitely been a happy place to call home in the time we’ve been married without kids.
3. Pros and cons of living in CT?
Pros: beautiful coastline, beautiful homes, close to my family, decent restaurants, gorgeous in the summer and fall, proximity to New York, relative proximity to Nantucket. Cons: expensive real estate and long winters.
4. What’s your favorite restaurant for lunch/dinner in Fairfield County?
I love Bar Taco on the water in Westport for a casual outdoor lunch, Rory’s in Darien for my favorite cobb salad, and Rowayton Seafood for fish tacos or lobster rolls.
5. Where do you shop for picture frames?
6. What helps you relax when you’re stressed?
Calling my husband, getting a massage (even if it’s ten minutes at the nail salon!), making a list, taking a break from whatever I’m doing, taking Rory for a walk, and working out.
7. I’m recently engaged and taking engagement photos this summer. I’m aiming for a fun, relaxed, classic vibe similar to yours. Loved seeing your recommendations for fall/winter engagement photo outfits in a previous Q&A, and it would be great to see an update for spring/summer pieces! Thank you!
Congratulations! You can tell from our engagement photos that I don’t think you have to wear all white unless you want to. A few options I love here, here, here, here, here, here (so twirly!), here, and here!
8. I need help with one-piece swimsuits! I’m a mom of two small boys and can’t spend more than $100 on a single suit.
I think at least half of my swimsuit collection comes from J.Crew and they have so many chic one-pieces right now! I love this, this, this, this, and this and they’re all well under $100 with the 40% off code WEEKEND.
9. I was curious if you know of any good table runners. I checked Serena & Lily already but those ones are too long for my round dining room table that’s 48 inches in diameter.
I love this simple linen runner but it’s looks like it’s the same length as the Serena & Lily table runners. I found this one and this one in a shorter length, but if you’re willing to consider a tablecloth as opposed to a runner, I’m obsessed with everything from Amanda Lindroth and India Amory!